This year Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday and everyone is busy with their normal schedule. I think of Valentine’s Day as an extra day to appreciate the love of people around you. If you didn’t have time to plan anything on this special day then no worries at all! There’s still the weekend to do something wonderful for your sweetheart. Luckily, I have the best romantic breakfast/brunch recipe to share with you guys. I have heart shaped pancakes topped with a sweet strawberry sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
If you plan on surprising kids with a Valentine’s Day breakfast you can use this pancake recipe as well. Here are some ideas:
- Add colored sprinkles (heart-shaped) in the batter (red, pink, and white)
- Add chocolate chips
- Add red food coloring aka (Red Velvet Pancakes)
Or you could allow the kids to be creative in the kitchen using their beautiful minds. Have fun with this Valentine’s Day pancake recipe and serve up a nice glass of orange juice. For a brunch style incorporate some fruits like raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries etc. However, you choose to create your pancakes is perfectly acceptable.
1 box of Pancake mix
1 carton of strawberries (I used half a box)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 lemon (juiced)
Heart Shaped cookie cutter
- For Strawberry Sauce: Cut up strawberries into small chunks (that way the sauce will cook faster). Combine all ingredients in a small pot, medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, cook over medium low heat for about 20-30 mins. Look for a syrup texture and strawberry chunks are still visible.When sauce is completed move away from heat and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Follow pancake mix instructions (Don’t create a thick batter) My pancake batter was 1 cup that made 8 pancakes. It depends on how much batter you use, that’s how much pancakes you will receive.
- When pancakes are done have them cooled on a plate for about 30 mins.
- After cooling the pancakes take the heart-shaped cookie cutter and press down the middle of the pancake. Heart shaped pancakes should be placed back onto a plate.
- Then add strawberry sauce on top of the pancake with a finishing touch of powdered sugar.
Makes: 1 hour 30 mins