Crepes are a very elegant and well-known dessert in France. This treat has a similar appearance to a pancake with a lace exterior. I have made pancakes many times before and there is a difference in the cooking method. Pancakes are made of a thick flour batter. Crepes are prepared in a batter using milk and no water (some crepe recipes use water). You can choose a savory version or sweet they’re great either way. These are wonderful for breakfast or dessert. Also, you can create many ways using different toppings:
- Caramel and bananas (known as Banana Fosters)
- Eggs and spinach inside with cheese on top
- Nutella and strawberries
When I first made these I added vanilla ice cream as the filling inside (when the crepe is cool) and drizzled the homemade strawberry sauce on top. Definitely sprinkled powdered sugar on the crepe as well. With the taste of vanilla ice cream, crepe, strawberry sauce, and sweetness of the powdered sugar it tasted so delicious! Most likely throughout my blog, I will include some more sweet and savory crepe recipes. I do hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
1 cup pancake mix
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Use a mixing bowl and add all ingredients together.
- Whisk or use a cake mixer and make sure there are NO LUMPS in crepe batter (If there are a few lumps then it’s okay). The texture of the batter should be very thin.
- Get a skillet or a medium-size frying pan. Warm stove and use cooking spray to prevent each crepe from sticking.
- Heat should be medium-low. Pour batter into the frying pan and move the pan into a circular motion. Allow the batter to have bubbles on top.
- Using the spatula loosen the edges of the crepe and flip crepe onto the other side.
- Crepes should have a light golden brown color and a lace exterior (Some crepes would have a solid exterior and that’s okay)
- When crepes are done allow them to cool and serve with any filling you like.
Here’s What To Do For Strawberry Sauce
- Gather ingredients: chopped strawberries, white sugar, and lemon juice. NOTE: I already have 1/4 cup of water in the pot. You have the water in medium-low heat.
2. Add ingredients in the pot.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in high heat for a little bit. Until sugar is dissolved. Then reduce to medium-low heat.
4. Four minutes after mixing, at this point the strawberries start to simmer. Just letting you know being that the strawberries are simmering white foam starts to form and that’s okay.
5. You can give it a stir and the foam will start to dissolve. You’ll see the sauce starting to thicken up. In texture you want chunks of strawberry, but still saucy.
6. Also the color should be bright red and done. After making the sauce move the pot and set aside. Allow the sauce to cool for one hour.
7. When the Strawberry sauce is cooled you can add the sauce on top of crepe.
Serving Size: 6-8 crepes
Makes: 30 minutes or less