Here I have an interesting dessert recipe that you would want to try. Which consists of crushed pineapple, cheddar cheese, and original crackers. I know what you’re thinking “this recipe sounds weird”. Pineapple bake has a buttery cracker crust sweetened with pineapple chunks and sprinkled with cheddar cheese. There are only three ingredients and no eggs. My mom introduced me to this recipe and I’ve made it a few times after that. Usually when I’m fasting for Indian holidays this a Go-To dessert that I always make. This Pineapple Bake recipe would leave everyone going for seconds!
1 can Pineapple chunks (20 oz)
1/2 cup White Sugar
3 tsp All-Purpose Flour ( Plain Flour )
1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 stick Melted Butter
1/2 cup Crushed Ritz Crackers Note: You could use similar to Ritz crackers
- Drain the pineapple chunks and save 3 tablespoons of the juice. Note: Out of the entire pineapple juice you would save 3 tablespoons for the mixture
- Mix sugar and flour in the reserved pineapple juice.
- Add pineapple chunks and cheddar cheese to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Top the mixture using crushed crackers and drizzle melted butter over it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 mins.