This Father’s Day weekend I whipped up my dad’s favorite dessert Banana Nut Bread. He has a sweet tooth for any dessert, but Banana Nut Bread is his top favorite. When I first started baking this was the first dessert that I baked and he was the first person to try it. Of course, this dessert was DAD APPROVED! Banana Nut Bread is very moist, sweet, and has a really nice banana flavor.
1 Cream Cheese (8 oz) (softened) *room temperature
1 cup White Sugar
¼ cup Margarine (softened) *room temperature
1 cup Mashed ripe bananas Note: Use 3 or 4 ripe bananas to make bread extra moist (optional)
2 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour (Plain Flour)
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 cup chopped nuts (Preferred Walnuts or Pecan) (optional)
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and margarine mix until blended well.
- Add bananas and eggs to the mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients (flour, baking powder, and baking soda) Note: Use a cake mixer to combine all ingredients before adding chopped nuts.
- Pour mixture into a 9×5 inch loaf pan. It has to be greased and floured (Use a little bit of butter and flour to grease the entire pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees it should take 1 hr and 10 mins to bake. You can use a wooden pick and insert it near the center until the pick comes out clean.
- After the bread is done baking set it aside to cool for 5 mins. Remove from pan and slice banana bread for serving.