During, the summertime all of us are enjoying a wonderful time outdoors (the best way we can). This could mean having a picnic in your own backyard or eating lunch on the back porch. For a nice summer sandwich, I have a Curry Chicken Salad recipe that you are going to love. What I did was shred up some rotisserie chicken, add cream cheese (room temperature), and other ingredients. The Curry Powder really stood out in the chicken salad for that wonderful extra flavor. Loaves of bread that pair well with the Curry Chicken Salad are:
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Pumpernickel (Rye) Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Sometimes for family gatherings, my mom would prepare this sandwich and serve them as appetizers. Believe me, this recipe was a hit for everyone. Curry Chicken Salad has always been my favorite appetizer. I just can’t get enough of this delicious Curry Chicken Salad! Below are the listed ingredients and step by step directions to follow.
1 Large Cream Cheese (8 oz) *room temperature
¼ cup Milk
¼ tsp Salt
Dash (1 tsp) of Curry Powder
Dash of Pepper for taste (1 tsp) (optional)
1 ½ cups Chopped Cooked Chicken (Rotisserie)
2 tbsp Green Onion slices
- The first thing to do is shred the chicken and set aside
- Use a medium-size mixing bowl and combine cream cheese, milk, curry powder, salt, and pepper until blended (use a Cake Mixer).
- Add chicken and green onions (mix lightly).
- After mixing all ingredients you can store the Curry Chicken Salad in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Makes: 1 hour
Pizza, in general, is an American favorite that includes various ingredients and many crusts styles. If you’re a pizza lover then I know you’ll like this pizza. Enjoying a flatbread pizza and watching a movie is my kind of thing especially on a weekend. I have made this flatbread pizza a few times already and decided to share it with you guys. With the use of delicious ingredients including a crispy flatbread crust, pesto sauce, juicy cherry tomatoes, sweet red peppers, spinach leaves, goat cheese, and topped with Mozzarella. All you have to do is layer the ingredients and pop it in the oven. Definitely perfect to serve for dinner parties and also for the entire family to enjoy!
1 pack of Flatbread Crust (14.1 oz) Sometimes there’s two flatbreads in one pack
1 jar of Pesto sauce (6.7 oz)
1 bag of Spinach leaves
1 Red sweet pepper
Goat Cheese log (4 oz)
1 Carton of Cherry Tomatoes
1 block of Mozzarella Cheese ( 8 oz)
- Layout the flatbread on a baking tray.
- Spread half jar of pesto onto the flatbread.
- Rinse and cut one red sweet pepper in half. Take half of the sweet pepper and cut vertically then layer on flatbread.
- Take a few cherry tomatoes (depending on how much you want). Rinse thoroughly and cut in half then spread on flatbread.
- Use half a bag of spinach leaves, rinse under running water, pat down dry using a paper towel, and spread spinach leaves all over.
- Cut the goat cheese into pieces and layer on flatbread (you could use the entire goat cheese log).
- Grate half (or the entire block) of Mozzarella cheese and top the flatbread pizza with it.
- Set oven at 350 degrees and then place the flatbread pizza in the middle of the oven. This should take 15-20 minutes to bake.
- During this time let all of the ingredients to warm through and allow all cheeses to melt.
- After the pizza is done, take out from the oven, and place it on top of the stove or countertop. Allow the flatbread to cool and you may cut into squares before serving.
Serving Size: One flatbread can cut four squares
TIP: Serving size depends on how big or small you cut them
Makes: 15-20 minutes
Veggie Flatbread Pizza