On April 27, I posted a wonderful Jamaican Dinner that I ate on that day. Recently, I spent some time making Jamaican fried dumplings and it is traditionally made to go with this meal. They have a natural sweetness, very crispy on the outside, and extremely soft on the inside. This recipe is extremely easy to put together. You could make this with any meal like a Caribbean Stew Chicken, Stew Fish with Rice, Pelau, or Soups. After making these delicious dumplings I prefer eating them by itself with a little bit of melted butter. If you want to try this recipe I have the ingredients below and easy directions to follow.
2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (Plain Flour)
3/4 cup Cornmeal
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 – 3/4 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Cinnamon
Oil for Frying NOTE: Measure oil to deep fry dumplings
- Mix all ingredients together to form a dough.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- After it has risen make it into 12 small dough balls.
- Let the dough balls rest for 12 minutes.
- When the 12 minutes is done then you can start to deep fry.
- While frying the dumplings have to be golden brown. NOTE: You can open a dumpling to make sure the inside is fully cooked.
Serving Size: 12 or more
Makes: 10 minutes